It’s so easy to get into a routine, before you know it everyday task become mundane. Is that really a way to live?
You know, we get up, take a shower, go to work/school, come home, take out the trash, watch a little TV and then turn around and do it again tomorrow.
Now I’m not saying I’m against routine completely, there are instances where it is necessary; What I am saying is that routine shouldn’t consume your life. Here are some questions to ask yourself.
“What I am saying is to stop for a moment and take an inventory of your life. Have you become so used to routine that each day doesn’t excite you anymore.”
How often do we sit down and look at our budget? / Do you have a budget?
The goals we made in the beginning of the year, how close are we to accomplishing them?
How have I changed from the year prior?
What in my life is better this year, than it was last year?
Now, I’m not saying you have to go and make big drastic changes like quitting your job and starting your own business. What I am saying is to stop for a moment and take an inventory of your life. Have you become so used to routine that each day doesn’t excite you anymore. Are you consumed by bills, debt, unhappiness?
I promise you if you just do one thing differently, if you change your perspective about life, you are guaranteed to feel better and make better decisions. Start planning things, set goals, get excited about a new way of living.
“The Lord told me that he can’t add to a mess and that opened my eyes. I had become so used to my routine, things were falling by the wayside. God is a God of order not chaos. He can’t add blessings to chaos…”
Here a few ways you can start to get yourself on track:
- Create a budget.
- Youtube has many tutorials on how to create a budget, spreadsheets,etc. We all know we’re in debt but some of us have no Idea what the exact amount is. You can’t kill the giant if you don’t know how big he is. I know it sounds depressing having all those numbers in front of you but it’s necessary to start to see what you can chip away at first. You will have a feeling of accomplishment once you create a monthly budget. It’s the first step in creating a plan, to get you out of debt.
- Getting Rid of unhealthy Habits
- Unhealthy Habits such as, eating bad food, eating out to much, shopping too much,etc. Whatever bad habit you have, you need to confront it. It’s easy to come up with an excuse as to why we are the way that we are, but it is equally easy to change our ways. Becoming determined to stop the bad habit is the first step, now we are human and we may slip up sometimes. If you do, just make the commitment to yourself that you will do better next time. Often times the true failure is not when you mess up, it’s when you give up after you messed up.
- Spending time alone.
- Spend some quality time with yourself each day. During that time, take time to reflect on your life and how you’re doing. Are you happy? If not, Why? What do you need to do to bring the joy back into your life?
- Spend time praying.
- The best thing you can do for yourself is spend time with your maker; The one with all the answers. Seek his will for your life, ask him for peace and joy to enter into your life. He will not only fill you with joy but show things that need to removed or things you need to do to sustain that joy. Spend time being quiet and just seek to hear from him. He will open your eyes to things you never would have thought of.
These are things I started doing when I stepped out on faith to focus on growing this blog.These are also the things that kept me from going insane during the tough times. The Lord told me that he can’t add to a mess and that opened my eyes. I had become so used to my routine, things were falling by the wayside. God is a God of order not chaos. He can’t add blessings to chaos, just writing that doesn’t feel right. He will show you what things you need to fix for him to bring new things into your life. It’s up to you whether or not you are going to make the changes. I know God does things on his timing not ours but we delay the process by refusing to change.
I hope these are helpful reminders for you to live each day with peace and joy as you work your way toward your destiny.
Have a blessed day!